Here at Abu Dhabi Personal Trainers we know the importance of a healthy protein packed breakfast! This recipe is a favourite amongst our personal trainers! Sweetened only with banana, applesauce, and blueberries, this gluten-free breakfast if the perfect recipe for weight loss! At only 350 calories, it contains almost 16 grams of protein and 9.3 grams of hunger-satiating fibre.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened nut milk (coconut, almond etc.)
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 serving protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries (or any other berries you like)
- 1/3 cup raw almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 390°C.
- In a large bowl, mash one of the bananas. Dice the second banana and add that to the bowl. Stir in the applesauce, coconut oil and milk. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, protein powder, flaxmeal, chia seeds, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Add this to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a lightly greased pan.
- Top with blueberries and chopped almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes!