Chocolate and peanut butter protein oatmeal cups, does it get any better? Our personal trainers here in Abu Dhabi don’t think so! This recipe is definitely a favourite of ours! Rich and moist, you would have no idea that these muffins have no oil or butter! Our personal trainers recommend these healthy muffins as an easy breakfast option or perfect for a pre-workout snack!
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds (soaked in 6 tablespoons water)
• 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
• 1 cup unsweetened nut milk of your choice (almond, cashew, coconut milk etc.)
• 1/4 cup peanut butter
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 scoop chocolate plant-based protein powder
• 3 cups oats
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, soak the chia seeds and water to make “chia eggs.” Alternatively, you could use 2 large eggs. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add nut milk, peanut butter, maple syrup/honey and vanilla and stir until well mixed. Stir in “chia eggs”.
- Add protein powder, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin, filling tins to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a wire rack. Come, remove from pan and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.